HexelOne® for high pressure
Extra reinforced pipe to withstand double pressure. With or without a protective PEplus sheath.
For water, sewage and gas. Dim ø 90-160 mm (200-2000 mm HexelOne® XXL).
PE100 RC main pipe with extra reinforcement to withstand double pressure. Fitted with a protective PEplus sheath.
HexelOne® main pipes are made of PE100 RC and reinforced with two additional layers of PE100 and a protective sheath of 100% high strength PEplus to withstand up to twice the pressure (30 bar for water and sewage and 16 bar for gas). This reinforcement thus allows pipes to be used where operating pressure is up to 100% higher than normal.
HexelOne® has twice the strength of a regular PE100 RC pipe and is designed to be used in high pressure applications such as mining, connecting snow guns and high pressure gas pipes.
Four layers for high pressure and extra protection
The high strength construction of the pipe consists of four layers: The main pipe, two reinforcement layers and a protective sheath. The intermediate layer is made of stretched polyethylene (PE100) and is wound around the main pipe. On the outside of the winding, an additional PE100 reinforcement layer and a thick PEplus sheath are extruded according to common standards. The result is a smooth and easy-to-work pipe that can withstand very high pressures and is suitable for all types of alternative installation methods.
When butt welding and when using an arc welding sleeve, only the sheath has to be stripped off the HexelOne®pipe. The other layers must be retained.
Extra protection against scratches and point loads
The pipe’s high strength sheath is made of PEplus, with a thickness, in the case of dim 250 mm/SDR17, corresponding to 25% of the pipe’s wall thickness.
In addition to protecting against scratches and pipe damage caused during pipelaying, the high strength sheath also helps to distribute the pressure from any point loads over a larger surface, thereby reducing impact on the main pipe.
HexelOne® in several versions
HexelOne® is also available as HexelOne® DCT with aluminium conductive strips for function checks, HexelOne® SLA for a permeation resitant pipe system and HexelOne® 3L, which is both impermeable and features the “online” function check.
- Pipe system designed for use where high pressure is present, for example in the mining industry.
- Main pipe made of PE100 RC.
- Reinforced with two additional layers of high strength PE100 and sheath.
- High strength PEplus sheath corresponding to e.g. 25% of the pipe’s wall thickness at dimension 250 mm/SDR17.
- Allowable operating pressures of 30 bar for water and sewage and 16 bar for gas.
- Fewer joints thanks to delivery lengths up to 145 m.
- For larger dimensions 200-2000 mm, HexelOne® XXL is available.
- Minimal ovality for safe jointing.
- Complete range of pipe fittings.
Traditional pipelaying in trenches.
Suitable for pipelaying adapted for pipes made of PE100 RC.
Also suitable for alternative installation methods.
PE pipe fittings
– Injection moulded
– Segment welded
Arc welding parts
Complete range of arc welding parts for different purposes.
Custom pipe fittings
Straight lengths can be ordered on request
- All pipes are fitted with end caps
- Non-standard lengths can be ordered on request