The requirements of a pipe system vary depending on the application. In some cases, pipes with a high resistance to abrasion, chemicals or static electricity are required, while other systems require permanent monitoring or the ability to handle high pressures. In many cases, a combination of several properties is required. Extena meets these diverse needs by offering customized pipes and pipe fittings combining five different layers of functionality to create systems with the required properties.
For a complete pipe system, Extena can also offer pipe fittings to match the functions of the pipe.
Contact us for more information on how we can develop a unique solution for your specific needs.
- The media pipe can be adapted to the current application. For example, it could be a standard pipe, an anti-static pipe, or a pipe that resists high temperatures up to 95°C.
- Reinforcement layer for high pressure.
- Intermediate or outer layers which can be used as an indicator layer, an abrasion resistant outer layer or a layer offering protection against UV radiation, etc.
- Metallic layer for maximum permeation resistance to protect media against soil toxins and the environment when transporting harmful chemicals. This layer can also be given a monitoring function.
- High strength sheath protects against external impact.
We can also offer prefabricated pipes with pre-assembled flange joints, which facilitates the jointing and installation of pipe systems in restricted or hard to reach spaces. These pipes can then be easily joined on site and are available in dimensions up to 1600 mm.